- Monday is Buy Out Afternoon - Make sure you bring a toonie by Monday in order to participate!
- Tuesday is our final LATE START of the year, to allow staff collaboration time. We will be wrapping up our own professional inquiries for the year, and planning ahead for next. In the 2015-16 school year, Collaboration Days will have early dismissals instead of late starts!
- The Langley Ukulele Ensemble are having a summer camp! Info is here.
- The Langley International Students Program need Homestay Families_.
- Mrs. Schmidt will be running her traditional talent days in music next week. Info is here.
- Out Track & Field Athletes had a great day on Friday, and the PAC put on a fantastic concession!
- News from the library:
We would like to thank the PAC for funding we received for new books for our library. This funding helps us to update research materials, add to ongoing series, as well as purchase new picture books and novels.
The last day for students to borrow books from the library is June 5th. All books must be returned to the library by June 12th. We need this time to do inventory and year-end organization of all the books to keep our library running smoothly. Please help Mrs. Wallis by returning all overdue items now, or if you know items have been lost, pay for a replacement copy. Thank you for caring for your school library. Mrs. Wallis
From the PAC
Such an exciting time or year! The sun is shining, the end of the school year is coming quickly (wait... is it ok to say that??), and there's still fun and learning in our classrooms!
Speaking of fun....
- a good time was had for all at the WG Track and Field Day. It was awesome to see our WLE Lions running and jumping with so much energy and enthusiasm. Great job! Also running around and working together was a bunch of awesome parents doing the WLE PAC sponsored concession. Thanks to all of you who helped out during the day and/or who contributed different food or drinks. Also to our students who helped in setting up and cleaning up. WLE rocked it!
- Treat day is Wed June 17th.... stay tuned for Munchalunch to open up to order!!!
- Staff Appreciation Lunch is Thursday June 11th. Do you like to cook (or do you frequent Costco?) Possible appreciation (aka door) prizes we can give to our awesome staff? We are looking for these things. Please contact Candice at email@example.com if you can help provide these items or if you have time that day to help! Thanks.
- PAC for next year. Families, we still have two spots left on our PAC executive for next year. We are looking for someone to fill the President and Vice President positions. These two people work together to oversee the PAC sponsored events and meetings. The time commitment varies depending on the time of year (Sept and June are the busiest times - typical for anyone involved in school stuff!). Would you consider this or consider asking some questions about the possibility of stepping up? We do need to have these positions filled by September. Please talk to Wendy Southam or Christine Thorpe or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buy-out Afternoon - bring a Toonie for Goats
- LATE START - classes begin at 9:51
- Music Sharing Assembly in the gym at 1:30pm
- PALS event
- Division 7 Field Trip to the Organic Farm
- Freezie Friday
- Grade 7 Camp - June 7-10
- Talent days in Music - June 9, 10, 11
- Sports Day - June 12
- PAC Meeting - June 6
- Staff Appreciation lunch - June 11
- Last day for students - June 25