- Congratulations to our two 20-year teachers, Mrs. Gordon and Mrs. Schmidt, who were both recognized by the Board at a ceremony last week.
- We're thrilled for the eleven students who qualified for the Cross Country Championship running Tuesday after school at Aldergrove Lake.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association will be placing a clothing donation box outside the school this week. Drop off your kids, drop off some clothes. The association will be making a donation to the school in return for our allowing the bin.
- The Lost and Found is currently on display in the intermediate hallway. Please have your kids check for their things before the pile becomes the first donation to the CDA donation bin.
- F.O.R.C.E. is an organization of individuals and agencies concerned with child and youth mental health. They are recruiting interested parents. They are also running a forum next Saturday, May 2, in Abbotsford. Registration is at Eventbrite.
- And just in case you missed it, here's a link to 5 Things to ROAR About.
From the PAC
- Thank you families for your hanging basket orders… the vouchers for your basket will come home likely Tuesday or Wednesday in your child's backpack!
- PAC for next year. Our AGM is on Tues May 19 and all parents are invited to join us. HEY!! you are even welcome and encouraged to be a part of next year's PAC positions. If you have any questions, chat with a PAC executive or pop us an email at email@example.com. We really need more people to join us!
- 53rd Annual Langley Walk…. our school has the opportunity to win a prize if we have the most walkers/bikers/runners in this yearly Langley event. Please go to http://www.tol.ca/events to find out more deets about this AND other great Langley happenings!
Quote of the Week
- Cross Country Practice 8:00 am
- Cross Country Championship Race 3:30 start at Aldergrove Lake
- Division 7 Field Trip to Lochiel (Pioneer School)
- Parents as Literacy Supporters (P.A.L.S.) event
- Pro-D Day - Students do not attend
Down the road...
- May 11 - Late Start for Staff Collaboration
- May 14-15 - Fire Safety House is here
- May 28 - Inquiry Fair & Parent Appreciation day
- May 29 - Regional Track Meet
- June 7-10 - Grade 7 camp
- June 12 - Sports Day
- June 22 - Intermediate FT to Waterslides
- June 23 - Primary FT to White Rock Beach