Information to share
- The City of Langley's annual TRI-It Triathlon is approaching. Registration and info are here.
- There's a Red Cross babysitting course running here at West Langley Elementary on May 1. Cost is $60, and registration is here.
- Don't miss out on the Spring Wrestling Camp (evenings). One of the coaches is Olympic medalist Chris Rinke.
- On April 16th, there will be a screening of Rise, a film about gifted learners.
From the PAC
Here are some news, notes, and dates from the PAC
- Thank you to all of you who participated in our Purdy's fundraiser. Hopefully you are enjoying some of those treats this weekend!
- Latest fundraiser yet… an opportunity for reading and learning as well… came home in backpacks this week. QSP is a magazine subscription service. You can use it for new orders and renewals. Perhaps a Mother's or Father's day subscription? Everything from Sports Illustrated to Knitting! Take a peek. Orders accepted online or by being sent back to class. ALL ORDERS DUE APRIL 17th. Please note.. when you order/renew (in the future) through our specified group number, WLE will continue to receive a bonus so you can continue to support our little school! THANKS>
- HOT LUNCH AND TREAT DAYS… Munchalunch ordering is open for the April and May dates but ONLY UNTIL FRIDAY APRIL 10th. All orders and payments due by that date. Looking forward to our kids having these special days and us parents receiving the 'no lunch to make' benefit as well.
- Tennis anyone??? Stay tuned.. We are bringing Tennis lessons to WLE for all our students! Soooo excited!
- Next pac meeting is Tues April 21st at 6pm. Thinking of how you might be able to participate in the pac next year? Throw us an email to find out the different pac positions or just come out to a meeting!
Something to read
- Maybe not for school, but cool outdoor challenges.
- Not reading, per se, but an amazing transformation as a dragonfly emerges.
- How facebook is making us happier
- Springtime to me means my canoe comes out. And when it does, I remember this movie that we watched every year when I was in elementary school. Who else got to see this one?
What's on this week
- Easter Monday - no school
- Cross Country Practice 8:00 am on the gravel field
- Cross Country Meet at Aldergrove Lake Park
- Divisions 3&4 to Marry Poppins at WGSS
- Hot Lunch orders must be in. Order online at www.munchalunch.com
- Games Club after school for Divisions 1-4.
- PAC Meeting on 21st April
- Cross Country Meets on 15th, 22nd, 28th April
- Tennis in gym class the week of April 13.
- Babysitting Class at WLE May first. Registration Info at the top of this page.