Information to share
- The Township of Langley and the Walnut Grove Business Association are having a neighbourhood cleanup day.
- Board of Education Message
The Board of Education passed a motion Tuesday, April 7 to consider the possible permanent closure of Lochiel U-Connect and to move the program to Simonds Elementary. A public consultation period is now underway and you are invited to provide input to email@example.com or via a public meeting May 13th. A final decision will be made at a Special Meeting of the Board of Education on June 9, 2015 at 7pm at the School Board Office. Current information will be made available at www.sd35.bc.ca/lochiel
I like to read. And watch.
- This article suggests that Internet searching might be tricking us into thinking we're smarter than we really are.
- This is an older (2007) TED Talk on nutrition for kids, presented by the 'Renegade Lunch Lady' in California. Thankfully, BC (Canada, really) is a bit ahead, but there's still distance to cover. I think the 'local food' part resonates the most for me.
From us on the PAC:
- MONDAY…… LAST CHANCE… did you forget to put in your QSP magazine order? Orders are being extended by one day so please bring last minute subscription orders to school on Monday morning. Check it out! www.qsp.ca and our group # is 3649746
- TUESDAY…. PAC meeting at 6pm. Only a couple more to go. Come on out and hear the latest! Childcare provided! (and we will endeavour to have you home by early into the Canucks 1st period)
- WEDNESDAY…… Beautiful Hanging basket orders due back. YOUR choice from Clearview Garden Shop. Buy one for yourself or a family member. You won't be disappointed!!
- FRIDAY…. Treat Day. Popcorn! (Parents please remind students to not leave their popcorn bags out on the school grounds! Thanks)
May the sunshine continue! Everybody learns and plays better when the weather is great, right?
Questions???… come to the PAC meeting or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore!'
The part you really want to see:
- Special, extended deadline for QSP Orders
- Cross Country 8:00
- PAC Meeting at 6:00 pm in the library.
- Cross Country meet at Aldergrove Lake Park - Leave right after school.
- Hanging Basket orders due (PAC)
- Cross Country practice cancelled. :( Go for a run on your own, runners.
- Ready, Set, Learn 6:00 in the library. Please pre-register with the office.
- Treat Day (popcorn)
- More field trips for lots of divisions
- May 1 is a Pro-D Day
- May 28th is Inquiry Fair & Parent Appreciation Day
- May 29th is our Track Meet
- June 12 is our planned date for Sports Day now.