- Mr. Davids has a new baby boy!
- This Thursday is our Parent Appreciation Tea and Inquiry Fair. You're invited!
- FORCE is offering a session on Youth Mental Health issues particularly entitled 'Video gaming, social media misuse, and other related digital addictions among 8 to 25 year-olds' this Tuesday at the Langley Civic Facility. It's free and looks interesting! Click here for details.
- Summer Session in Langley Schools offers a wide range of opportunities for students at all levels. Check here for locations, programs and registration info. If you plan to register, do so ASAP before spaces are filled up!
- Don't miss out on Freezie Fridays! $1 apiece, and proceeds help the WE Day group buy more goats for Haiti. Purchase outside the PAC room at lunch (after eating time).
- June 1st is Buy Out Afternoon. Students may buy out of class for the afternoon on June 1st for $2.00 each. All proceeds go to the We Day Teams efforts to buy goats for Haiti.
- We would like to thank the PAC for funding we received for new books for our library. This funding helps us to update research materials, add to ongoing series, as well as purchase new picture books and novels.
The last day for students to borrow books from the library is June 5th. All books must be returned to the library by June 12th. We need this time to do inventory and year-end organization of all the books to keep our library running smoothly. Please help Mrs. Wallis by returning all overdue items now, or if you know items have been lost, pay for a replacement copy. Thank you for caring for your school library. Mrs. Wallis
- The North Langley Bears would like to invite you to attend a two hour free football mini camp on Saturday, May 30th from 10am-noon. The mini-camp is open to all current players, those who are interested in playing and those who just want to see what football is all about! - the camp will be held on the field beside Walnut Grove Secondary School
- the mini camp is open to boys and girls from the ages of 5-15
- there will be hotdogs and drinks provided for all the kids
- we will have games, football drills - some drills to be led by Manny Arceneaux of the BC Lions!
- more information about our association can be found on our
website at www.northlangleyfootball.com We hope to see you there
From the PAC
Our PAC is hosting the concession that day and we are looking for a few more parents to help us out! Could you spare a couple of hours to help? Of course, watching our kids is a huge priority so you will definitely have the opportunity to hop out and watch your kids' races/events. OR… could you donate a food/drink item for our concession?… flat of pop, juice, water…. Lots of opportunities here! If you're able to help in any way, please talk to Wendy Southam or Christine Thorpe or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANKS and GO LIONS!
Busy times here at WLE…. hope we can all keep on track of dates, times, field trips, track meets, and the like!
To help you… here's a few PAC dates…
- MONDAY>>>>> Booster Juice treat day! Starting the week off with a boost!
- FRIDAY>>>>> Elementary school Track Meet. Thanks to the parents that have offered a donation of time or goods. For those volunteering, we will be in touch in the next day or two to confirm.
- IN TWO WEEKS>>>>> Staff Appreciation Lunch. Stay tuned as to how you can help us celebrate the great crew working here at West Langley!
- LAST WEEK>>>>>> we had our AGM. It was great to see some new faces as we looked back on the year and forward to next. Here are the parents that have stepped up to volunteer in certain capacities. We are still looking for TWO more spots to be filled…. more info to come on that…
Treasurer - Shauna Bailey DPAC Rep - Carmen Grywacheski
Hot Lunch - Andrea Briggeman, Sarah Hatch, Mya Bainbridge
Fundraising - Teri George, Frances Robinson, Eryn Carey, Shannon Roth
Sunshine Rep - Candice deNiet Room Parent Coord - Mya Bainbridge
SPC - Shauna Bailey, Danika Dickson, Sarah Hatch
Always looking for more help! Ask us! at email@example.com
Quote of the month
Here's what I'm reading....
- Do you remember to check out 5 Things to ROAR About each week?
- This Article was in The Vancouver Sun. "Boys just want to graduate too."
- And watching: The Backwards Bicycle.
- A bit on all those things that are fading from our lives. I still have most of these in my house, and I don't foresee getting rid of many of them anytime soon.
Treat Day - Booster Juice
Division 7 Field Trip
Parent Appreciation Tea
School Board Office staff visit
Ready Set Learn at 6:00 in the library
Regional Track Meet
June 1 - Buy out afternoon, with proceeds to the WE Day campaign.
June 3 - music assembly 1:30 (including dance club performance)
June 12 - Sports Day