Information to Share
- First of all, we would like to thank the PAC for sponsoring Cath Blythe's visit to WLE. She provided the students with important information, and once again noted how fantastic our students were as an audience.
- I would like to apologize for the shaky communication on Friday morning when the lights went out. In my own rush to try to gather information, I completely forgot that West Langley's social media saturation is such that I could have saved people time and worry by using it to share information, too. I won't forget again. The short message, too, in a situation like that, is that the school is open. We will conduct classes one way or another, until the Superintendent directs us to close.
- Red Sky Performance will be here to perform Mistatim on Monday afternoon at 1:00 pm.
- The WGSS Spring Break Video Production Camp is looking for grade 6 and 7 students. Click here for more information, and watch for the handouts that went to students last week.
- Township Bylaw Enforcement officers were here Friday ticketing or warning (not sure which) people about parking along the chain-link fence in front of the K and Daycare rooms. Until we can sort out how (if it is even possible) to legalize parking there, we recommend that you not park there, or along the curb directly in front of the staff parking lot (just to be safe). As things get quite crowded in the drop-off circle, and space is scarce, I would recommend that, if you want to leave the car and wait by your child's door, you use the 'Park and Walk a Block' approach, leaving the car a block or two outside our driveway and walking in to class.
Proposed 2016-2017 District Calendar
- The Board of Education has passed a motion to begin the consultation process for the 2016-2017 District Calendar. The 2016-2017 District Calendar aligns with other local school districts' spring and winter breaks. Some non-instructional days, pro-d days for example, may change and can do so at the local level. To provide feedback on the 2016-2017 District Calendar you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To view a PDF of the proposed 2016-2017 District Calendar, click here.
Kindergarten Registration Reminder
- All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2015 (children born in 2010) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 8, 2015. Registrations received after March 31, 2015 will be considered late and may not result in placement in your catchment school due to space limitations.
- The following documents are required at the time of registration:
Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status must be provided for the parent (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards).
Proof of residence (Driver's Licence, utility bill or lease/rental agreement).
- For more information and registration times please contact your neighbourhood school.
Canada Day contest for kids:
- There is still time to participate in the 2015 Canada Day Challenge! The deadline is March 20, 2015.
- Canadian youth from ages 8 to 18 are invited to express what Canada means to them by submitting entries in three categories: DRAW IT! (poster design), SNAP IT! (digital photography) and WRITE IT! (creative writing).
- Participants who submit their entry have a chance to win great prizes!
- For more information on the Canada Day Challenge, prizes, and for the complete contest rules, visit www.challenge.pch.gc.ca.
Spring Break WE Day Fundraiser
From the PAC
It's March people!!! and not the left, right type of March, but the SPRING type (and Spring BREAK type of March!)
On behalf of the PAC…..
Things to read...
And now, the calendar of events you've all been waiting for
- 100s Day - check for emails from teachers to see what your students might be doing to 'celebrate'
- Mitsatim by Red Sky Performance: 1:00 pm
- Boys' basketball practice after school
- WGSS Course Planning Forms Due (Counsellor visits today). We will make sure students' BCESIS numbers are available at their classes.
- Boys' Basketball Game POSTPONED to Monday March 9 after school
- Girls' Basketball Game (away vs. Gordon Greenwood
- Girls' Basketball Practice 7:30 am
- Crazy Sock Day. Wear your wildest socks, and pants short enough to show them off.
- Boys' basketball game Monday 9th
- Basketball Tournaments Tuesday 10th
- Report Cards go home Wednesday 11th
- Treat Day (Cobbs Bread) and Last Day of School before Spring Break Friday 13th