Information to share
Operation Waterproof is for students now in grade 6 who missed the grade 5 swimming program last year.
The Saleema Noon presentation for parents is next Monday (23rd). Details about the program are here. In order to be sure we have the correct amount of space held, please RSVP your attendance to Mr. Oliver.
If you haven't already, check out 5 Things to ROAR About.
The Learning Disabilities Association sent us this flyer about tutoring.
Jump Rope for Heart is ongoing. Don't forget that fundraising!
The Supporting My Child with Anxiety session is next week.
- This article from the Wall Street Journal talks about how amazingly plastic our brains are.
- And this is one, from CNN, that starts with some of the BC schools that are looking at moving away from letter grades and towards reporting that provides a better picture of what kids can actually do in school.
Quote of the week
- Jump Rope for Heart Continues all week.
- Boys' Basketball Practice 7:30 am
- Div. 6 & 7 Skating Field Trip
- PAC Meeting: 6pm in the library.
- Internet & Social Media Safety presentation (presented by REMSS) 7:00-9:00 at Langley Events Center.
- Hot Lunch
- 3pm Basketball Games: Boys at Yorkson Creek Middle, Girls at home vs. Yorkson Creek Middle.
- Girls' Basketball Practice 7:30 am
- Jump Rope for Heart - Jump all day event
- Ready, Set, Learn 6:00 pm in the library
- Professional Development Day - Students do not attend.
WGSS Counsellors visit grade 7 to fill in course planning on Monday 23rd February.
Sexual Health evening presentation for parents February 23 @WLE.
Friday February 27 - students dismissed at 11:50.