- So it would seem, based on the past week's weather, that our unseasonably nice fall is coming to a soggy, foggy close. Please keep a few things in mind as we drift into winter-proper:
- We go outside to play at recess and lunch. Always. Please make sure your kids come to school with appropriate footwear and outerwear for the conditions, as we will be outside to play unless the weather is really, really, really awful.
- We also see some very deep puddles form at the school. You know, and I know, that such things are completely irresistible to kids (and principals). Rubber boots and a pep-talk are both encouraged. While we try to keep kids from playing in the deeper waters, sometimes they're too quick for us.
- Our nice new blacktop is going to be excellent at forming black ice. Please drive with extra care around the school when conditions are slippery, and visibility is poor due to weather and low light.
- In keeping with the possibility of ice, please watch your step on sidewalks around the school. While we put down deicer when the forecast suggests it will be needed, sometimes the weather outdoes us, and ice manages to form anyways.
- If you missed This Week @WLE last week, check it out (scroll down) for information from the School Board Office regarding procedures for emergency closure of schools.
| || |
Tuesday evening is our monthly PAC meeting. Join us in the library at 6pm to hear what is happening at West Langley. Child minding is available.
Wednesday is hot lunch. Ming and Sing is on the menu! Thank you to all the room parents who help organize and hand out lunches.
Thursday November 19th, all Neufeld Farm and gift card orders are due.
Neufeld Farms offers lots of holiday favourites including appetizers, gourmet entrees and some "quick and delish" meals. Let's not forget the yummy bake and serve pies and 12 cookie doughs to choose from.
All orders will be ready for pick up on December 1st at 2:30pm at the school.
Thank you for supporting the West Langley Elementary PAC.