| || |
The PAC Picture
This week we will be holding our second PAC meeting of the school year on Tuesday October 20th at 6pm in the library.
Our PAC meetings are held once a month and are open to ALL parents. You are encouraged to come observe, listen and contribute to our discussions. Meetings are a great way to meet other parents from our school community, to learn about volunteer opportunities and stayed informed about what is happening at West Langley.
Child minding is available.
Quote of the Week
- Here's a great article with Adam Savage from Mythbusters on the science and scientific method in the show. It applies so well to the inquiry learning we're doing at WLE. My favourite bits? "Failure is always an option." And, "The scientist simply says, 'I wonder if?'"
- Here's a nice one on the learning value of play.
Calendar of Events
- Federal Election - Don't forget to vote; lots of your kids already did.
- Dancing Dolls presentation in Division 8
- Grade 6 Immunizations
- PAC Meeting - 6pm Childcare available
- WE Day Field Trip
- Division 4 Field Trip - Gulf of Georgia National historic site
- Division 8 - Waste Warriors presentation
- Division 10 - Pumpkin Patch Field Trip
- Professional Development Day - Students do not attend
- Monday 26th - Photo Retakes (morning) & Early Dismissal (1:15) for Staff Collaboration
- Wednesday 28th - Hot Lunch Day
- Friday 30th - Halloween Carnival