- Parking/Traffic - Please drive slowly in our parking lot and driveway, and make sure you're looking forward. We watched a parent start moving last Wednesday while looking sideways at where the kids went, instead of forward where there were kids crossing. Also, if you're going to stop, please park in the gravel lot and walk over, rather than stopping the car for an extended period in the roundabout in front of the school. The congestion that results from those stops presents a safety risk for numerous students. Thanks for your cooperation.
Thank you to all who have volunteered to help hand out lunch. Please arrive at noon and report to the PAC room to help organize your classes items. If you have questions please contact Mya at email@example.com
Quote of the week...
Ideas worth a look...
- Sesame Street is introducing a muppet character with Autism. I think that's excellent.
- Stress-reduction techniques to help us sleep better. Good advice here for lots of kids who get to bed still a bit wound up.
- Here's a comprehensive look at Jessica Lahey's book The Gift of Failure - How the Best Parents Learn to Let Go So Their Kids Can Succeed.
- And as a big Star Wars fan, I have to share this, even though I know you already watched it with your kids. :)
- Photo Retakes - morning
- Dancing Dolls presentation - Division 8 - morning
- Early dismissal for staff collaboration - Students dismissed at 1:15
- Sean away morning.
- Hot Lunch day.
- Halloween Carnival - Primary visit between 10:40 and 11:50, Intermediates visit between 12:45 and 2:00
- November 4 & 5 - Parent Teacher Interviews. Students dismissed at 1:30
- November 4 - Interviews run 2:00-7:30
- November 5 - Interviews run 2:00-5:00
- November 5 - Treat Day
- November 6 - Symphony Field Trip (whole school)
- November 10 - Remembrance Day Assembly: 10:45
- November 11 - Remembrance Day - students do not attend
- November 20 - Report Card Prep Half-Day - students dismissed at 11:26 am.