Information to Share:
- Strike Action Update: As of Sunday, there was no new news on the strike action front. Just a reminder that a link has been set up on the school's website for the most up-to-date information. You will also receive information through Facebook, Twitter, Remind 101 and email. Please be sure you are connected through one of those avenues.
- Dry Fit Shirt Orders: Just a reminder that orders for West Langley Dry Fit shirts went home last week (and is available on our website). They are due to the office no later than May 9th. Please note one correction: youth shirts are available in both short and long sleeve. Thanks again to parent Shannon Roth, for donating $1 from each shirt to our PAC's playground fundraising effort.
- Michael Bortolotto Presentations: On Tuesday we will have Michael Bortolotto at West Langley for the day. He will be presenting to groups of classes about the importance of inclusion and acceptance of all people. He is an author and presenter who lives with Cerebral Palsy. He can be difficult at first to understand so please be sure to talk to your students about being respectful. You can check out his website as well as this YouTube of part of a presentation. Here is the schedule for the day:
10:30 - 11:00 Division 7, 8, 9, 10
11:10 - 12:00 Division 3, 4, 5, 6
1:00 - 2:00 Division 1 & 2
- Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
10 Belief Statements About Student Discipline
10 Reasons Twitter Works In Classrooms
How I Alter My Learning Trajectory
From The PAC:
- Keep saving the date for Fri May 30th for our WLE Family Fun night! Donations to your class for the silent auction baskets being accepted now. THANKS for your support! Also a reminder that PAC is still looking for parents that might be interested in running for positions for next year as well as a couple of parents for our playground committee. Please contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Reminder that all QSP orders are due on April 28th to get in on prizes. Of course, you can continue to order your magazines at qsp.ca all year long. Just use the West Langley code and the school will still benefit.
Coming Up This Week
QSP orders due
Flags at Half Mast for Day of Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace (Worker’s Mourning Day)
Michael Bortolotto will be here all day with different classes talking about the importance of inclusion
Professional Development Day for staff. Students do not attend.