Information To Share:
- There will be no tickets for this show. Instead, we are asking you to please be sure that if you are able to come to the afternoon show, you do so, leaving room at the evening show for those parents who are unable to come during the day.
- Please click on this link to see what your child's costume is for the show. Please send them in these clothes for our dress rehearsal on Tuesday as well as for both performances on Wednesday.
- We are asking parents to bring one can of food as admission into the performances along with presents for our Langley Christmas Bureau families. You can click here for details on those two families. We will also be selling "Toasty Toes" stockings for $2.00 to help raise money for our donations to the downtown Eastside.
Toasty Toes Initiative: The We Day Leadership Team has taken on an exciting local initiative”Warm the Night”. “Warm the Night” is a group of volunteers who will be making a full course dinner for hundreds of homeless people on Christmas Eve in Surrey and Vancouver. We will be working together with "Warm the Night" to provide the homeless with a small gift on Christmas Eve in hopes of making this holiday season a little bit warmer for them.
As you enter the gymnasium over the next two weeks you will notice a giant sock on one of the walls. We will be handing out smaller paper socks in exchange for monetary or item donations (see list below). These socks are yours to decorate, write your name on, and post onto the giant sock for everyone to see! We Day team members will come around to the classrooms in the morning each day starting on Monday, Dec. 1st through Wednesday, Dec. 10th. The We Day team will also be collecting donations at the two Christmas concerts. The money and items collected, will then be presented to the founder of "Warm the Night", Phil Calla on Thursday, Dec. 11th by the We Day team. The money will be used to purchase items from the list below that are needed to ensure that there is a gift for each person who comes for the dinner.
Items needed are shampoo, bar soap, toques, thermal socks, warm gloves, warm scarves, deodorant, chapstick, hard candy and chocolates.
We thank you in advance for your generosity in helping us "Warm the Night" for those less fortunate.
Movie Afternoon: Just a reminder that we will have one more movie afternoon before the Christmas break on Thursday December 18th from 2:45 - 4:30pm (movie TBA). This is a great opportunity to get some last minute Christmas shopping in while the kids enjoy a holiday classic for only $3.00 admission. All money raised will go towards Grade 7 Camp.
Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
- Is The Feedback You’re Giving Students Helping Or Hindering
- Second Graders React to Lammily and Other Fashion Dolls
- Why Don’t Teens Read For Pleasure Like They Used To
- Digital Citizenship in the Time of “Instant Celebrity”
From The PAC:
- Thanks to all our families that ordered from Neufelds. Everyone picked up their food on Friday in record time! If you ordered Gift Cards you will be notified of the pickup procedure. Also, the Notepad/Car Decals/Address Labels will be going home in your child's backpack on Wednesday. If you would prefer to arrange a different method of pickup, please contact Teri George at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again for your great support this Christmas season. We will let you know our total profits on next week's notice…
- TREAT Day this Friday… Cob's style
- Volunteers from the Book Fair… If you haven't done so already, please pick up your personal invite to the Warehouse Scholastic Book Sale for THIS week. If you ordered a poster as well, your poster and invite is in the side office. If just looking for your invite, it is in the PAC box.
- PAC Meeting… please note there is no scheduled PAC meeting for December. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to speak to one of our executive or committee members or contact us via facebook or email.
Christmas Concert Dress Rehearsal
Christmas Concert 1:00pm & 6:30pm
Aboriginal Spirit Stone Activity (pull out only)
Treat Day (Cobbs Bread)
Report Cards go home with students