- The Township of Langley has requested that we distribute this letter regarding parking around schools.
- For parents of students in grade 4 and 7, please see this letter regarding the Foundation Skills Assessment (FSA)
- And don't forget My Tween and Me starts soon. And the Discipline that Doesn't Divide session is January 28th.
I found this article on the importance of play.
And I enjoyed Silken Lauman's book Child's Play, too.
Information from the PAC
Hard to believe it is the middle of January… this school year is getting close to half done! Here's the PAC news to share with you.
- This Tuesday Jan 20th at 6:00pm is our first PAC meeting for the New Year. Childcare will be provided so please come out and join us. All parents are welcome! Is it your resolution to get to a PAC meeting this year???
- This Wednesday is HOT LUNCH! Also the first of 2015 and a happy day in many family kitchens!
- Gift wrapping results are in! Thanks to the parents and Grandma that wrapped boxes and stuffed bags at Willowbrook Mall. These efforts have raised $700! THANK YOU!!!
Stay tuned for info coming about our next fundraiser… and as always, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, and we are still running our COBS fundraiser, so next time you're in there, let them know you would like your purchases to go towards West Langley Elementary… easy peasy!
Kindergarten registration @ the office.
Basketball Practice (boys) 7:30 am
PAC meeting in the library (6 pm)
Hot Lunch Day
Basketball Practice (girls) 7:30 am
Ready, Set, Learn in the library (6 pm)
Quote of the Week
Quote: “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
― W.B. Yeats