Information to share
- It's rain season, but it is still very important for young people to get outside to move, and breathe fresh air. Please help your kids remember to dress appropriately for our inevitable rainy outside days, especially if they want to wade in the puddles!
- Kindergarten registration is open! Bring us your kinders; the Lions Pride needs some new members! See the office to register. Tell your friends and neighbours!
- For the parents (and students) of students now in grade 5 (or younger), there is an Open House at Alex Hope Elementary on Wednesday, February 4th regarding the Late French Immersion Program there. THere is a Parents' open house on January 28th at 6:30 also.
- For the parents of students now in grade 7, WGSS will be hosting an information night about grade 8 (Yowza! High school!) on February 5th. Click here for information.
- REMSS is welcoming parents of grade 5+ students to a presentation on Internet (and other) Safety by Cst. Darren Laur, a well-respected security speaker (and police officer, to boot) on February 17th.
- The Challenger Division Registration opens soon. It is an opportunity for children with cognitive or physical disabilities to enjoy the thrill of playing baseball, being part of a team, developing physical and social skill plus all the benefits of participation in baseball at a level structured to their abilities. Games are played in a fun, safe environment where no score is kept. Our philosophy is very simple: 'Play, just for fun!!'
From the PAC
- Thanks to the parents who came out to our PAC meeting this past week. Not only were we able to welcome Mr. Oliver to his first WLE PAC meeting but we were able to impress Mr. Oliver with completing our meeting in less than an hour! Thanks to our babysitters that come out to hang out with our students too!
- Treat Day THIS Friday! Popcorn! Parents, please remind your students to dispose of their popcorn bags properly when they are finished (read… NOT dispose of them in the school yard)
- Want to start your spring cleaning early AND help raise some funds for the school? We will be holding a clothing drive at the beginning of February….stay tuned… exact dates to be announced next week.
This week's quote
5 Days a Week
- Boys' basketball practice (7:30)
- Division 6/7 Skating Field Trip
- Boys' basketball game (home)
- Girls' basketball game (away)
- Late French Immersion Parent Info night @Alex Hope Elementary (6:30 in their library)
- Girls' basketball practice (7:30)
- Movie afternoon (fundraising for Gr7 Camp) after school Movie ends by 4:30. Admission: $3
- PAC Treat Day (Popcorn)
- Special Event: Pajama Day!!!
Far out, dude!
Another Pro-D all day on February 20.