- Clothing Drive: We will be continuing to collect clothing this week as part of our PAC Clothing Drive. Take a few minutes to clean out your closet and help raise some money for our PAC. The final day is this Friday.
- Community Announcements: Reminder that we have announcement from our community posted on our website. Be sure to click here on a regular basis to see what is going on in and around Walnut Grove and Langley.
- Residents’ Engagement Survey: The Community Participation, Infrastructure and Environment Advisory Committee Residents Engagement Survey is now live. Residents in the Township of Langley are invited to participate via www.tol.ca\residentsengagementsurvey
- Amended Calendar Consultation: In last spring's calendar consultation process, the District approved a three year calendar. What has now come to the District's attention is that the 2015-2016calendar Spring Break is out of line with the other Metro Districts. An important piece of feedback received through the comprehensive calendar consultation was that parents and staff wanted alignment with other districts. As a result, the proposed amendment to the 2015-2016 calendar would bring alignment by changing the date of Spring Break from March 21-April 1, 2016 to March 14 - 28, 2016. To view the currently approved 2015-2016 calendar and the proposed amended 2015-2016 calendar, please click here. In order to change an approved calendar the District is required by legislation to undertake a consultation process for 30 days. This process began on February 26, 2014 and will continue until March 27, 2014. To participate in the consultation process families may complete this online survey or send an email to email@example.com
- Langley Parents As Partners In Learning: This great organization made up of Langley parents holds awesome events related to different aspects of schooling. We have added a link to their website on our website under "Useful Links" so you can stay up-to-date on the events they have coming up. Be sure to check it out.
- Pro D Clip of the Week: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
How Does Your True Self Impact Class Culture
True Grit: The Best Measure of Success and How To Teach It
A Guide Book For Social Media In The Classroom
- 10 Common Blog Writing Mistakes (Infographic)
Grade 7 Camp parent meeting
Grade 7 Boys Basketball at Gordon Greenwood
Grade 7 Girls Basketball at Alex Hope
Report cards come home today
Last day to bring in for PAC Clothing Drive