Information to Share:
- Inquiry Fair: Thank you to all the parents who were able to make it out to our Inquiry Fair last week. The students had a such a great day sharing their learning with each other and loved the opportunity to share their inquiry/genius hour projects with family and friends. If you missed this in our 5 Things To ROAR About: May 9th, here is the Inquiry Fair 2014 video from our YouTube channel, we put together celebrating this great day.
- West Langley Dry Fit Shirts: Orders for these were due on Friday, however we won't be putting in the final order until Tuesday so if you still want to order a shirt, please have them to the office no later than Monday after school. You can get the order from by clicking here. Sizes are available in the office.
- Common Sense Media: Just wanted to let you know about an amazing website called Common Sense Media. This resource is great for schools and parents alike. Among other things, it has great lessons and videos about digital citizenship that are all sorted by age level. You can also find detailed information on movies, apps, and video games outlining content, allowing you to get a better understanding of what the "ratings" actually mean for each media form. I highly recommend it for an educator and parent.
- Gift Basket For Family Fun Night: Just a reminder that all donations for the gift baskets must be in classes by tomorrow, Monday May 12th. These are a tremendous money-maker for the Family Fun Night, so please be sure to bring in what you can.
- Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
20 Simple Assessment Strategies You Can Use Everyday
Collaborative Projects: A Simple Way To Build Student Learning Communities
The Tech A/Effect: Keeping Your Head Up When Your Phone Wants To Keep You Down
From The PAC:
- Hot Lunch this Wednesday - Flying Wedge
- Ongoing fundraiser at COB's bread. When making your purchase, tell them your kids attend West Langley Elementary and a portion of your purchase will be donated back to our school!
- Stay up to date with PAC… Like us on Facebook…. West Langley PAC
- 19 days till our Family Fun night!!! Save the date for Fri May 30 5-8pm!!!
- Any questions??? contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Up This Week
Div 7 Field Trip to Organic Farm
Hot Lunch is today
Ready Set Learn at 6pm