Hopefully everyone enjoyed a great long weekend. There were lots of trailers out there on the road so obviously camping was a popular destination. It is a short, but buys week coming up, including our Parent Appreciation Tea & Concert on Wednesday morning. Please be sure to read all the information below carefully.
Information to Share:
- Parent Appreciation Tea & Concert: On behalf of the entire West Langley staff, we want to invite each of you to our annual Parent Appreciation Tea and Concert on Wednesday morning. We will be serving cake, coffee and tea from 10:00 - 10:30 as a small token of our appreciation for everything you do to support our school and students. Starting at approximately 10:45, the students will be performing for you as well. Hopefully you can find some time to stop by for part or all of the event.
- From The Library: Thanks so much to the PAC for their continuing support of the library. We have been able to add some new Junior chapter collections as well as adding new releases to series already being enjoyed. We were also able to add to some of our Intermediate Series collections and fill gaps where needed. We now have almost the entire set of the popular series "The 39 Clues." The "Orca Sports" and "Orca Currents" series have also been a big hit with our grade 6/7 students.
At this time of year we begin the task of gathering up all the library materials so we can inventory and organize. Many students have Overdue books out that need to be located and returned. If items are lost or damaged please help us look after our library by paying the replacement cost. Students will receive notices every week. The last day to borrow books is June 6 and all books must be returned by June 13th.
- Check The Calendar: The last six weeks of schools will be extremely busy. I would encourage you to check out our school calendar on our website. We have many great events coming up such as Regional Track Meet, Sports Day, Grade 7 Camp, etc.
- Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
Moving The Un-Movable Teacher
Waste Money! And Other Keys To Successful Tech Integration
From The PAC:
- - PAC Meeting on Tuesday at 6pm. This is the annual AGM and we will be selecting people for positions on the executive for next school year. Child minding provided.
- Popcorn Treat Day is on Friday
- PAC is looking for parent help for our family fun night. Stay tuned for info on how you can enjoy this fun night with your family and help our school too !
Coming Up This Week
Victoria Day - no school
PAC meeting tonight at 6pm
Parent Appreciation Tea
10:00 – 10:30 Coffee and Cake (extended recess)
10:45 – 11:30 Student Performance
FridayPopcorn Treat Day
Freezie Friday - these will be sold starting at 12:15 at the outside door to the PAC room