Information to Share:
- Dry Fit Shirt Orders: Just a reminder that orders for West Langley Dry Fit shirts went home last week (and is available on our website). They are due to the office no later than May 9th. Please note one correction: youth shirts are available in both short and long sleeve. Thanks again to parent Shannon Roth, for donating $1 from each shirt to our PAC's playground fundraising effort.
- Inquiry Fair: The staff and students are very excited about our Inquiry Fair this Tuesday! They have been working on their passion based/genius hour projects and can't wait to share their "learning in progress" with each other as well as their families. Students will spend time during the day sharing their learning with other students and parents are welcome to come to the school from 1:50 - 2:30 in the afternoon to check out the projects. Hopefully you can join us. If not, be sure to watch on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for pictures throughout the day.
- Langley Book Of The Year: The students of West Langley once again participated in the Langley Book of the Year contest. After district wide voting, here are the results:
3rd place: Creepy Carrots
2nd place: Dragons love Tacos
and the winner is: A is for Musk Ox
- Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
What Students Really Need To Hear
Read The World: Building Teaching Teams Instead of Building Classes
My War On Apathy
From The PAC:
- Online Hot Lunch Orders are due on Tuesday. Please remember that you can either pay online using a credit card or PayPal or drop off a cheque in the box in the office. Check out www.westlangleylionspride.com and click on the Munch a Lunch link on the right hand side.
- Our Family Fun Night is rapidly approaching. Please be sure to check with your child's teacher to see if there are any gift basket donations still required.
Coming Up This Week
Online Hot Lunch Orders for May and June are due
Meeting for Grade 7 students and parents about Camp at 6pm
Dry Fit Shirt Orders are due