Information to Share:
- Verification & Media Release Forms: If you have not already sent back your completed verification form, this are past due. It is important that every student return this, even if there are no changes. We use this contact information in our main system.
- Collaboration Days: This year, the district is excited to be able to provide a great opportunity for Langley educators, which will have a direct impact on classroom instruction and student learning. On five occasions throughout the year, teachers and support staff will have collaboration time built into their regular school day. In order to create this time, students will start 80 minutes later on those days. So at West Langley, that means the start time will be 9:51am. Please be sure to check our school calendar for all the days throughout this year. Our first staff collaboration day is October 27th.
- Professional Learning: Every week, as we continue to grow as professionals, we come across articles, blog posts, video, etc that help guide our understanding in how best to work with students and empower their learning experience. We are able to curate these great resources using a web tool called "Scoop It." As parents, this information can be a great way to not only understand how the learning process works at school, but also how to assist your child to grow and develop at home. During the past few weeks, we have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
Motivation Matters: Releasing The Will To Learn
From The PAC:
PARENTS!! Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and enjoyed the extra day of family and turkey time!
A few notes about this week and upcoming
- Hot Lunch is Wednesday and it's Hot Dog Day (definitely the most favorite of all hot lunches!!) If you ordered hot lunch, enjoy 'no lunch making' on Wednesday morning. If you didn't order, know that we always have some extras of the 'hot' lunch part and other things like chocolate milk, chips, veggies, so kids are welcome to come down to the PAC room at lunch and purchase a few lunch extras!
- Entertainment Books! Please continue to sell these awesome books to friends, family and neighbors. Please return books on Tuesday and Thursday this week and ALL orders due back by October 21st!
- A few parents are needed to come on board our Playground Committee. We are looking to upgrade our playground but need a few more parents willing to jump in and participate. Please contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're at all interested. We need help in different ways… planning, fundraising, grant writing, business contacting. Let me know if any of this interests you and we'll go from there! Thanks!
Fundraiser: Complete or refer a mortgage to me and I will donate $250 to West Langley on your behalf!
Hello, I am Taryn Stemler and I am a Mortgage Specialist with TMG The Mortgage Group. I am also a parent of a West Langley student and would like to give back to West Langley in a big way!
What is a mortgage specialist you may ask...well instead of visiting your local bank or credit union about your mortgage financing needs you could contact me. I most likely already work with your current mortgage holder but I also have access to a network of major Canadian lenders such as Scotiabank, Coast Capital Savings Credit Union, and TD Bank to name a few. There is no fee for my service as well as no obligation. I am not affiliated with any one lender, my goal is to provide you with your best mortgage options without you having to contact multiple lenders to ensure you are receiving the best mortgage for you – I will do the investigating for you. I specialize in residential mortgages. I can help you with the financing for your new purchase, mortgage renewal, refinance, and 2nd home purchase and together we can support West Langley!
To find out more about me and how I can help you please visit my website at www.tarynstemler.com.
Give me a call today (778-868-1885) I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanksgiving Holiday - No school