Information to Share
- Halloween Carnival: The Halloween Carnival is rapidly approaching! This has been a great tradition at West Langley on October 31st and a memorable day for all students. The grade 6 & 7s are responsible for creating and running the various stations however we will be looking for help from parents. Please check out the notice by clicking here.
- Ready Set Learn: We are excited to once again be able to offer the West Langley community Ready Set Learn for children ages 3 & 4. Run by the amazing Christine Rogers, it is a wonderful opportunity for parents and children to get "school-ready" in this program based on learning through play. Please click here for more information and to register. First session is this week.
- Collaboration Day: Our first collaboration day is coming up on Monday October 27th. Students will be arriving 80 minutes later than normal (9:51am) allowing staff time to work together to improve instruction and learning for students. At West Langley, we will be using this first of six mornings throughout the year to discuss inquiry questions we want to explore to better our practice. Be on the look out for a post the following Friday in our 5 Things To ROAR About sharing our learning.
- Where We're From Bulletin Board: We have a new bulletin board in our main hallway deigned to educate and celebrate all the diversity we have at West Langley. We are asking students, staff, parents and grandparents to let us know where they were born. We will then represent that with a colour coded pin on a large map of the world. Will be great to see just how global our learning community is. Please be sure to let Mr. Davids know or have your child come see him in the office so your family can be represented.
- Professional Learning: During the past week, I have “scooped” a few professional learning articles, websites and videos to Lions Lowdown: Professional Learning at West Langley Elementary. Be sure to check out the following:
- Nashville Public Library Promotes Library Cards
- Transforming Education in the 21st Century
- I Don't Use Rewards, But My School Does
From The PAC
Why else? PAC Meeting (including budget approval) at 6pm. Childcare provided.
Have a great week!
Visitors from China here at 2:45
Infinitus Music Assembly at 9:00am. Parents are welcome
Entertainment Books are due.
PAC meeting from 6 - 7pm. Child-minding provided
WE Day at Rogers Arena
Division 9 Field Trip to Aldor Acres from 10:45 - 1:30
Ready Set Learn from 6 - 7:15pm in Library
Professional Development Day for staff. No school for students.