- Last week, a demographic information update sheet went home. It asks for corrections to addresses, phone numbers, and the like, as well as updates to student medical alerts. It is very important that we get this information back. As integrated as schools are now, if you only tell your child's teacher a new email, it doesn't necessarily get back to the central system in the office as quickly as we might need it. Please fill in and return the yellow sheets, even if there are no changes. That way we can either know to make changes, or know it's all good!
- We are happy to have HUB bringing the Langley pilot of their Learn 2 Ride bicycle safety sessions to West Langley this week. The pilot will be providing sessions for students in divisions 3, 4, 5 & 6.
- Our annual Meet the Teacher Open House & Community Dinner are this Wednesday. While the whole event runs 5:00 to 7:00, teachers will join families at dinner in the gym early in the session, and then will open classrooms for visits from families. The parents of grade 7 students have organized a nice-sounding dinner from the Olive Garden (for adults) or Hot Dogs (for the kids), and supplies are (somewhat) limited. Proceeds from dinner support the Grade 7 Camp experience in June! Please note that this is an opportunity to meet teachers and get a 'feel' for classrooms, but not for individual conversations about students.
- Bell Schedules this year are slightly different on early dismissal days. Please see this table for complete information.
- The Terry Fox Run was in communities today, and is at school next week. We are also having a visit from Cops for Cancer in their Tour de Valley fundraising efforts. Please watch for fundraising info coming Monday.
- FORCE - In the Know - youth mental health session - coming up this Wednesday.
- LEPS - Rivers Day -
- Parents as Partners - My Tween and Me - Interesting session for parents.
- Young Rembrandts - opportunity for after-school art lessons at WLE.
- There's a Kids Swap Meet coming up on October 3 at Langley Evangelical Free Church.
From the PAC
-munchalunch ordering closes at 9am
Tuesday - PAC meeting at 6pm in the library
- return any sold or unsold entertainment books
Wednesday- return any sold or unsold entertainment books
Thursday - return any sold or unsold entertainment books
Friday- Kernels popcorn treat day
Quote of the Week
- 5 Reasons You are Procrastinating On Your Dreams - an interesting little thing on time management. I heard last spring that the most common reason individuals' financial plans fail is also procrastination. Even hearing that, I haven't booked that appointment.... :(
- Does the text message have a place in education? A little more teen-focused, and I would argue that the 'nuggetization' that texting (or Twitter) lead to might actually lessen the quality of thought, but I promised myself I wouldn't only send out things I agree with!
- Kindergarten Parents' Welcome coffee at 8:30 - hosted by the PAC
- HUB Learn to Ride - classroom sessions for Divisions 3, 4, 5, 6. No bikes needed this week.
- Cross Country meet - we leave the school right after the dismissal bell. Volunteer drivers, please meet in front of the school at 2:30 and we'll divide up student athletes for the trip to Aldergrove Lake.
- PAC Meeting - 6:00-7:00
- Meet the Teacher night & community dinner
- School Picture Day
- School Improvement Pro-D Day - Students dismissed at 11:26 am. No lunch period at school.
- Popcorn treat day (recess).
- September 28 (Monday) - HUB learn to ride on bike sessions for Divisions 3, 4, 5, 6. If you are in those divisions, bring bikes and helmets if you can. And locks for the racks outside, just in case the courtyards end up too full.
- September 29 - Cops for Cancer visit 1:30
- September 30 - Orange Shirt Day - in recognition of the impact on children of the Residential School System
- September 30 - Terry Fox Run (before lunch)